Old Jefferson County Courthouse
195 Arsenal Street
The courthouse building, a two-story, red brick structure with a three-story tower on the northwest corner, was designed by architect Horatio Nelson White.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
Horatio White was one of New York State”s most prominent architects from about 1865 to 1880. A resident of Syracuse, he designed many homes, armories, churches, and public buildings throughout central New York State, included: the Hall of Languages at Syracuse University, the Oswego County Court House, Syracuse High School, the Weiting Block in Syracuse, Oswego”s City Hall, and more.