140 Stone Street
Originally the 1890 Watertown Post Office it purchased by The Elks Lodge and when they moved, it was demolished, or de-constructed, and the stones were deposited in a farmer’s field until rebuilt and a 3rd story added in 1907.
A history of the building is on The Escape Works web site: “This building is one of the rare instances of an old building in Watertown not only being saved but also painstakingly moved, block by block. Originally conceived as the city’s post office on Arsenal Street in 1890 by Milo Cleveland, it was moved about a block to its current location where a third floor was added while its old location became home to a newer post office which, coincidently, later had floors added to it. The Watertown Elks would occupy the building for a number of years then moving their operations in 1988 to Bradley Street. Jrecks Subs corporate offices occupied the building for some time and today it still functions as office space and our escape room – a seemingly rare feat for a building built in its era.”